Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – Updated Technique for Reliable, Easy, and Tolerated Transcranial Electrical Stimulation Including Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation. J Vis Exp. 2020 Jan 03;(155): Authors: Borges
Link – Prediction of Individual User’s Dynamic Ranges of EEG Features from Resting-State EEG Data for Evaluating Their Suitability for Passive Brain-Computer Interface Applications. Sensors
New Glossary Terrms
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.
- HyperscanningHyperscanning is a method where simultaneous brain readings are made from a two or more interacting individuals i.e. a group. Hyperscanning allows the study of brain response to social interactions.
- BOLDBOLD is an acronym for Blood Oxygen Level Dependent. BOLD Signal is the relationaship between blood flow in the brain and underlying neuronal activity. BOLD Contrast imaging uses the differing oxygenation levels to observe differing activation levels.
- fNIRSfunctional Near Infra Red Spectroscopy