Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – Sex Differences in Vagus Nerve Stimulation Effects on Rat Cardiovascular and Immune Systems. Abstract Background: Investigations into the benefits of vagus nerve stimulation
Link – Low Intensity, Transcranial, Alternating Current Stimulation Reduces Migraine Attack Burden in a Home Application Set-Up: A Double-Blinded, Randomized Feasibility Study. Abstract Background: Low
Link – Nystagmus and Vertigo in Acute Vestibular Migraine Attacks: Response to Non-Invasive Vagus Nerve Stimulation. Abstract OBJECTIVE: Vestibular migraine (VM) is the most common
Link – Probing EEG activity in the targeted cortex after focal transcranial electrical stimulation. Abstract BACKGROUND: Recording electroencephalography (EEG) from the targeted cortex immediately before
New Glossary Terrms
- NociceptionNociception is the bodies response to certain painful or harmful stimulus. The word is derived from the Latin "nocere" meaning "to harm or hurt". Nerve endings called nociceptors detect stimuli and trigger a variety physiological response.
- DANDAN - the Dorsal Attention Network (also called "task-positive system") is responsible for focusing your attention on external stimulii and is activated when you are engaged in a task.
- PlasticityPlasticity is the ability of the brain to change with new stimulus.
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.