Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – Multiplexing of Theta and Alpha Rhythms in the Amygdala-Hippocampal Circuit Supports Pattern Separation of Emotional Information. Abstract How do we remember emotional events?
Link – Parietal low beta rhythm provides a dynamical substrate for a working memory buffer. Abstract Working memory (WM) is a component of the brain’s
This work reveals that speech production relies on very specific inter-regional couplings in rapid sequence in the language dominant hemisphere.
Link – Optimization of wavelet coherence analysis as a measure of neural synchrony during hyperscanning using functional near-infrared spectroscopy. Abstract Significance: The expanding field of
Link – Related Articles Disrupted functional brain connectivity networks in children with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: evidence from resting-state functional near-infrared spectroscopy. Abstract Significance: Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Link – Moving beyond belief: A narrative review of potential biomarkers for transcutaneous vagus nerve stimulation. Abstract Transcutaneous vagus nerve stimulation (tVNS) is a non-invasive
Link – Sensitivity Study of Neuronal Excitation and Cathodal Blocking Thresholds of Myelinated Axons for Percutaneous Auricular Vagus Nerve Stimulation. Abstract OBJECTIVE: Excitation of myelinated
Link – Left parietal tACS at alpha frequency induces a shift of visuospatial attention. Abstract BACKGROUND: Voluntary shifts of visuospatial attention are associated with a
- focus (9)
- Latest Product Info (48)
- Neuroscience News (567)
- Research & Development (4)
- Startup Stuff (23)
- Uncategorized (1)
New Glossary Terrms
- NociceptionNociception is the bodies response to certain painful or harmful stimulus. The word is derived from the Latin "nocere" meaning "to harm or hurt". Nerve endings called nociceptors detect stimuli and trigger a variety physiological response.
- DANDAN - the Dorsal Attention Network (also called "task-positive system") is responsible for focusing your attention on external stimulii and is activated when you are engaged in a task.
- PlasticityPlasticity is the ability of the brain to change with new stimulus.
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.