Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – Interaction between steady-state visually evoked potentials at nearby flicker frequencies. Abstract Steady-state visually evoked potential (SSVEP) studies routinely employ simultaneous presentation of two
Link – Steady-State Visual-Evoked Potentials as a Biomarker for Concussion: A Pilot Study. Abstract A variety of assessment tools are currently available to help clinicians
Link – Train Your Brain? Can We Really Selectively Train Specific EEG Frequencies With Neurofeedback Training. Abstract Neurofeedback (NFB) is an operant conditioning procedure whereby
Link – Emotional and non-emotional facets of impulsivity in eating disorders: From anorexia nervosa to bulimic spectrum disorders. Abstract OBJECTIVE: Impulsivity and difficulties in regulating
Link – Action-associated modulation of visual event-related potentials evoked by abstract and ecological stimuli. Abstract This study investigated the influence of action-associated predictive processes on
Don’t make me angry. You won’t like me when I’m angry…
Link – A flexible likelihood approach for predicting neural spiking activity from oscillatory phase. Abstract BACKGROUND: The synchronous ionic currents that give rise to neural
- focus (9)
- Latest Product Info (48)
- Neuroscience News (567)
- Research & Development (4)
- Startup Stuff (23)
- Uncategorized (1)
New Glossary Terrms
- NociceptionNociception is the bodies response to certain painful or harmful stimulus. The word is derived from the Latin "nocere" meaning "to harm or hurt". Nerve endings called nociceptors detect stimuli and trigger a variety physiological response.
- DANDAN - the Dorsal Attention Network (also called "task-positive system") is responsible for focusing your attention on external stimulii and is activated when you are engaged in a task.
- PlasticityPlasticity is the ability of the brain to change with new stimulus.
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.