Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – No effect of repetitive tDCS on daily smoking behaviour in light smokers: A placebo controlled EMA study. Abstract INTRODUCTION: The effectiveness of repetitive
Link – Development of a Combined, Sequential Real-Time fMRI and fNIRS Neurofeedback System Enhance Motor Learning After Stroke. Abstract BACKGROUND: After stroke, wrist extension dyscoordination
Link – A systematic review of interventions for adults who stutter. Abstract PURPOSE: To examine the effectiveness of (i) face to face interventions (ii) models
Link – On the parameters used in finite element modeling of compound peripheral nerves. Abstract OBJECTIVE: Computational modeling is an important tool for developing and
New Glossary Terrms
- NociceptionNociception is the bodies response to certain painful or harmful stimulus. The word is derived from the Latin "nocere" meaning "to harm or hurt". Nerve endings called nociceptors detect stimuli and trigger a variety physiological response.
- DANDAN - the Dorsal Attention Network (also called "task-positive system") is responsible for focusing your attention on external stimulii and is activated when you are engaged in a task.
- PlasticityPlasticity is the ability of the brain to change with new stimulus.
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.