Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – Citizen Neuroscience: Brain-Computer Interface Researcher Perspectives on Do-It-Yourself Brain Research. Abstract Devices that record from and stimulate the brain are currently available for
Link – Phase-specific manipulation of rhythmic brain activity by transcranial alternating current stimulation. Abstract BACKGROUND: Oscillatory phase has been proposed as a key parameter defining
Link – How brain imaging provides predictive biomarkers for therapeutic success in the context of virtual reality cognitive training. Abstract As Virtual reality (VR) is
Link – Is It Possible to Improve Working Memory With Prefrontal tDCS? Bridging Currents to Working Memory Models. Abstract A great deal of research has
New Glossary Terrms
- NociceptionNociception is the bodies response to certain painful or harmful stimulus. The word is derived from the Latin "nocere" meaning "to harm or hurt". Nerve endings called nociceptors detect stimuli and trigger a variety physiological response.
- DANDAN - the Dorsal Attention Network (also called "task-positive system") is responsible for focusing your attention on external stimulii and is activated when you are engaged in a task.
- PlasticityPlasticity is the ability of the brain to change with new stimulus.
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.