Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – Effects of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation on Visual Neuroplasticity in Schizophrenia. Abstract People with schizophrenia (SZ) exhibit visual processing abnormalities that affect their
Link – Effects of transcranial direct current stimulation using miniaturized devices vs sertraline for depression in Korea: A 6 week, multicenter, randomized, double blind, active-controlled
Link – Implications for Neuromodulation Therapy to Control Inflammation and Related Organ Dysfunction in COVID-19. Abstract COVID-19 is a syndrome that includes more than just
Link – Benchmarking transcranial electrical stimulation finite element models: a comparison study. Abstract OBJECTIVE: To compare field measure differences in simulations of transcranial electrical stimulation
Link – Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation to Facilitate Lower Limb Recovery Following Stroke: Current Evidence and Future Directions. Abstract Stroke remains a global leading cause
Link – Anodal tDCS Over the Left Prefrontal Cortex Does Not Cause Clinically Significant Changes in Circulating Metabolites. Abstract Background: Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS),
Link – Modulation of auditory gamma-band responses using transcranial electrical stimulation. Abstract Auditory gamma-band (>30 Hz) activity is a biomarker of cortical excitation/inhibition (E/I) balance
New Glossary Terrms
- NociceptionNociception is the bodies response to certain painful or harmful stimulus. The word is derived from the Latin "nocere" meaning "to harm or hurt". Nerve endings called nociceptors detect stimuli and trigger a variety physiological response.
- DANDAN - the Dorsal Attention Network (also called "task-positive system") is responsible for focusing your attention on external stimulii and is activated when you are engaged in a task.
- PlasticityPlasticity is the ability of the brain to change with new stimulus.
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.