Neuroscience News, Product Updates & More..
Link – Proposing a convolutional neural network for stress assessment by means of derived heart rate from functional near infrared spectroscopy. Abstract BACKGROUND: Stress is
Link – Interpersonal brain synchronization with instructor compensates for learner’s sleep deprivation in interactive learning. Abstract Recent advances shifted the focus on single-brain functioning toward
Link – Sources of off-target effects of vagus nerve stimulation using the helical clinical lead in domestic pigs. Abstract Clinical data suggest that efficacious vagus
Link – Multi-session anodal transcranial direct current stimulation enhances lower extremity functional performance in healthy older adults. Abstract The aim of this study was to
Link – Cortical activity during social acceptance and rejection task in social anxiety disorder: A controlled functional near infrared spectroscopy study. Abstract BACKGROUND: The cognitive
Link – Transcranial direct current stimulation improves quality of life and physical fitness in diabetic polyneuropathy: a pilot double blind randomized controlled trial. Abstract Purpose:
New Glossary Terrms
- NociceptionNociception is the bodies response to certain painful or harmful stimulus. The word is derived from the Latin "nocere" meaning "to harm or hurt". Nerve endings called nociceptors detect stimuli and trigger a variety physiological response.
- DANDAN - the Dorsal Attention Network (also called "task-positive system") is responsible for focusing your attention on external stimulii and is activated when you are engaged in a task.
- PlasticityPlasticity is the ability of the brain to change with new stimulus.
- StroopIn psychology, the Stroop effect is a demonstration of cognitive interference where a delay in the reaction time of a task occurs due to a mismatch in stimuli. The Stroop Task is one of the best known psychological experiments named after John Ridley Stroop. The Stroop phenomenon demonstrates that it is difficult to name the color of a color word if there is a mismatch between color and word e.g. green
- NorepinephrineNorepinephrine, also called noradrenaline or noradrenalin, is an organic chemical in the catecholamine family that functions in the brain and body as a hormone and neurotransmitter. A naturally occuring chemical that acts as both a stress hormone and a neurotransmitter.